Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thirst No.1


This is meant to be a teen thriller, but I'm not sure if I like the idea of teenagers reading books with this much violence.

Don't get me wrong, it is a fantastically riveting book, that has you desperately turning the pages to find out what this overly-confident, seductive, head-kicking vampire will do next, however, much of what she decides to do involves violence and death. Not gut-turning violence, but much shooting and breaking of necks.

The first person narrative is addictive, and it is with ease that you slip into the mind of Sita, the main character on the first page. The vampiric lore and abilities differ from other books on the subject (including the Twilight series), but are just as believeable.

You can't really fall for the characters like you do in Twilight, but you certainly want Sita to succeed in all her missions.

Compulsive reading, but I had some scary dreams this week!

My rating:
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment