Sunday, August 3, 2014

Don't Say a Word



I love the idea of this book; a woman sees a photo in a museum of a girl at the gates of a Russian orphanage and is sure it is a picture of her. She has always wondered why she can't remember anything from her early childhood and begins the search to find out the truth about her family.

The romantic parts of this book did not appeal to me as the writing in these sections was girly and fluffy. However I was completely intrigued by the storyline of the woman tracing her past, and enjoyed the twists and turns. I was also interested in the cultural side of the story with the references to Russian dolls, ballet, and illegal immigrants.

This is a real page-turner, with a satisfying conclusion to the plot, although the ending is a bit 'happy ever after.' Worth the read if you can look past the fluff.



My rating ****

No comments:

Post a Comment